Travel Grant Sponsorship Guidelines
Sponsorship applications must be made by downloading the travel grant application form [on the right of this page] completing it and sending it via email to BACG.
If you wish to apply for sponsorship from BACG please read the following guidelines:
- Financial assistance (sponsorship) from BACG funds will be made only to bona fide members of the Association.
- Such support will only be made in support of activities within the scope of the Association (Item 3 of the BACG constitution).
- Applications for sponsorship will not be considered from applicants who have been a member of BACG for less than 6 months
- All members applying for sponsorship must submit the travel grant application form in electronic format to email@example.com together with a supporting letter from the member’s supervisor or head of department. Completed forms will be considered in confidence by the BACG committee.
- Completed forms must be received as early as possible before the conference or other activity for which sponsorship is sought. Applications will normally be considered at committee meetings in May/June, September and December and forms need to be received in good time for these meetings.
- Members who receive sponsorship from BACG in a financial year (1st April – 31stMarch) will not be considered for any further sponsorship during that year or the following financial year.
- The sums awarded to individuals and the number of awards made in any financial year are at the discretion of the BACG committee. Funds are not normally available to cover the whole costs of a conference and associated travel.
- Members in receipt of sponsorship are required to write a report of the conference to appear in the BACG newsletter (the report to be at least 1000 words).
- No grant will be awarded until confirmation of attendance has been made, together with copies of receipts for any associated expenditure, nor until the newsletter editor has received a conference report.
- Submission of an application will be taken as acceptance of these conditions. Any further conditions are at the discretion of the committee.
BACG Sponsorship Guidelines for Organisers of Conferences
BACG is pleased to consider requests for financial assistance towards the promotion and organisation of national and international conferences, meetings & workshops on relevant topics. Financial support is normally provided in the form of a recoverable float to cover start up costs. Requests for support should be made to the Chairman or Secretary as far in advance of the conference as possible and these will be considered, in confidence, by the committee.
Please consider the following guidelines if you wish to apply for support.
- Financial assistance from BACG funds will only be given in support of activities consistent with the aims and objectives of the Association (Item 3 of the BACG constitution).
- Requests for support will only be considered if they are accompanied by a projected account showing the likely outcome of the conference.
- BACG normally expect to nominate a ember of the conference organising committee who will be able to attend the meeting free of charge.
- BACG will be acknowledged as sponsors of the conference on all conference literature and advertising.
- Financial support is normally provided in the form of a recoverable float to cover start up costs, the amount involved to be agreed by the BACG committee.
- The float will be returned when the conference account is closed, with any surplus arising from the meeting shared between conference sponsors in proportion to the amount of money originally invested.
- A similar arrangement will apply in the event of a loss being incurred.
- BACG require a copy of the final conference account, which will be closed as soon as possible after the conference has taken place.
- Any further conditions are at the discretion of the committee.